Crumbs: Forums » The Office » The Office Season 2 Episode 1 The Dundies
Critical reviews of U.S. TV shows
and analysis of what makes them
good, bad, irritating and enlightening.

Login | Forgot password | Register

X

What is OpenID?

OpenID is an Internet-wide identity system that allows you to sign in to many websites with a single account.

With OpenID, your ID becomes a URL (e.g. http://username.myopenid.com/). You can get a free OpenID for example from myopenid.com.

For more information visit the official OpenID site.

14 Posts in 4 Topics by 5 members

Jump to:

The Office

Forums » The Office » The Office Season 2 Episode 1 The Dundies

Moderators: TheTVCritic

Page: 1 Go to End
Author Topic: The Office Season 2 Episode 1 The Dundies 1861 Views
  • Ben
    Community Member
    53 Posts

The Office Season 2 Episode 1 The Dundies Link to this post

Completely indistinguishable from the other reviews, right?

Score: 63/100

Synopsis: Michael goes through with his annual Dundies awards at Chili's despite corporate's disapproval. Dwight deals with graffiti in the office. Pam gets drunk after a fight with Roy, and kisses Jim. The office rallies behind Michael after his comedy falls flat.

The Good:

A new season of The Office changes up the dynamic of the show, mostly for the show's benefit. Michael has lost weight and with his new hair comes a slightly less mean and more ignorant persona. He is much funnier when he is not

The Jim and Pam story is in full force, as we see Pam drunkenly kiss Jim and their awkward conversation interrupted by Pam noticing the cameras. Drunk Pam was very funny, and kept within the realm of reality with her getting banned from Chili's.

The entire office gets a bit more definition with their moments in Chili's. Giving many employees their own awards is a fun way to flesh out their personalities a bit more.

The general direction of the show begins to lean towards the entire office, rather than just Dwight, Michael, Jim, and Pam. Oscar is funny with his line describing the Dundies, and Phyllis confronting Dwight upon his entering the women's bathroom is timed well.

The Bad:

Some attempts at humor with Michael, particularly the numerous racist jokes he makes get annoying pretty fast, we already have an episode (102) full of racism humor, so to have Ping and the spiciest curry award is a bit much.

The Unknown: What was Pam going to say to Jim?

Comic Highlight: The Chili's Manager's expression after explaining Pam's punishment.

That's What I Said: A strong improvement over the first season, the humor comes across as less mean and Michael is more tolerable.

• TheTVCritic
    Forum Moderator
    170 Posts

Re: The Office Season 2 Episode 1 The Dundies Link to this post

I suppose there's one key difference...

• Ben
    Community Member
    53 Posts

Re: The Office Season 2 Episode 1 The Dundies Link to this post

I changed "the verdict" to "that's what I said", is that it?

Go to Top

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: