Crumbs: Forums » Other TV Shows » Black Mirror: Second Season
Critical reviews of U.S. TV shows
and analysis of what makes them
good, bad, irritating and enlightening.

Login | Forgot password | Register

X

What is OpenID?

OpenID is an Internet-wide identity system that allows you to sign in to many websites with a single account.

With OpenID, your ID becomes a URL (e.g. http://username.myopenid.com/). You can get a free OpenID for example from myopenid.com.

For more information visit the official OpenID site.

585 Posts in 262 Topics by 23 members

Jump to:

Other TV Shows

Forums » Other TV Shows » Black Mirror: Second Season

Moderators: TheTVCritic

Page: 1 Go to End
Author Topic: Black Mirror: Second Season 386 Views
  • Fluids
    Community Member
    328 Posts

Black Mirror: Second Season Link to this post

Hi TV watchers!

Has anyone seen Black Mirror? I think the writing in the second season is better than the first.

What are you thoughts?

• Aaronic
    Community Member
    57 Posts

Re: Black Mirror: Second Season Link to this post

I’ve been practically begged by friends to watch this show and I’ve finally given in I’ll be watching this show in the next month or so, and I’ll be sure to leave some thoughts here. I’ll also be posting episode reviews for the show on my website aaronictvreviews.weebly.com if you’re interested.

• Fluids
    Community Member
    328 Posts

Great website! I like the layout. You are very thorough covering episodes as well. Love it!

And you included The End of the F***ing World!

I think that's a good show.

I am dying to find out what happens next season. I think that Eunice and Terri are supposed to act like a B side story to the main one, however as you point out, it kind of falls flat as far as adding anything to the main story. I suppose Eunice is insightful enough to know that James and Alyssa have gotten themselves into a mixture of trouble that partially comes from self defense (with reference to Dr. Clive Koch.)

It feels like it follows the original 'The Fugitive' movie with Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones. Where Jones is tracking Ford's character, however starts to uncover who really killed Ford's wife.

• Aaronic
    Community Member
    57 Posts

Well this is a show I’m not going to be forgetting any time soon. Almost every episode is thought-provoking and leaves me in a stunned silence by the end. Really good storytelling and writing. After finishing season 2, I think this will go down as one of my all-time favourite shows if the next 2 seasons also deliver.

I thought that season 2 definitely had better writing and is mostly better overall than the first season. The only exception is “The Waldo Moment” which I thought was a pretty bad episode overall and was way worse than every other episode of the show. I thought the other 3 episodes of season 2 were fantastic and they each gave a very different message while leaving me emotionally drained after each one. “Be Right Back” was tragic and powerful and was honestly tough for me to sit through because of how rough and relatable its themes were. “White Bear” was just a hellish nightmare which left me in awe afterwards in thoughts about how justice really works. “White Christmas” was an intelligent look at how technology will effect our abilities to communicate with each other and feel mercy and empathy. These 3 episodes as well as “Fifteen Million Merits” and “The Entire History of You” from season 1 were so powerful and have stuck with me ever since I watched them. This show is uniquely powerful and I can’t wait to watch more, no matter how much emotional turmoil it puts my mind in.

Go to Top

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: