Crumbs: Forums » Other TV Shows » The Walking Dead: Is Tyreese the most Moral character as of S5E3?
Critical reviews of U.S. TV shows
and analysis of what makes them
good, bad, irritating and enlightening.

Login | Forgot password | Register

X

What is OpenID?

OpenID is an Internet-wide identity system that allows you to sign in to many websites with a single account.

With OpenID, your ID becomes a URL (e.g. http://username.myopenid.com/). You can get a free OpenID for example from myopenid.com.

For more information visit the official OpenID site.

536 Posts in 240 Topics by 23 members

Jump to:

Other TV Shows

Forums » Other TV Shows » The Walking Dead: Is Tyreese the most Moral character as of S5E3?

Moderators: TheTVCritic

Page: 1 , 2 Go to End
Author Topic: The Walking Dead: Is Tyreese the most Moral character as of S5E3? 6222 Views
  • Fluids
    Community Member
    301 Posts

The Walking Dead: Is Tyreese the most Moral character as of S5E3? Link to this post

Do you think Tyreese is the most moral character as of Season 5 Episode 3?

Who is yours?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Walking Dead Threads on the TV Critic:
    http://www.thetvcritic.org/forums/other-tv-shows/show/173
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Tiarnan
    Community Member
    11 Posts

Re: The Walking Dead: Is Tyreese the most Moral character as of S5E3? Link to this post

For me it is probably Glenn. He broke up the fight between Abraham and Rick in this episode and I liked his line to Rick in the first episode where he says that's still who we are.
    I think that would be a decent ark for Glenn showing that he has learnt a lot from Hershel and Dale as he was close with them.

• Ben
    Community Member
    54 Posts

Re: The Walking Dead: Is Tyreese the most Moral character as of S5E3? Link to this post

I don't feel the majority of the cast has had ample screen-time this season for me to give a definitive answer.

The most moral character could be someone obscure like Beth, but we wouldn't know it.

• TheTVCritic
    Forum Moderator
    170 Posts

How do you define moral? The way the question has been answered suggests the question is who is the least interested in violence? Tyreese lied about having "taken care" of his captive. He chose to not commit violence above telling the truth. Is that a moral choice?

Rick's willingness to commit murder doesn't seem moral on the surface. But his desire to kill all the people at Terminus could be seen as a utilitarian argument to prevent further suffering.

• Fluids
    Community Member
    301 Posts

Great question. I would say someone in this world has displayed good Morals if they are sparing or saving the life of a fellow human being whether those people do or do not pose an imminent threat to them (life or death) that is directly in their control.

One could argue Tyreese is more Moral than Father Gabriel because he spared Martin's life (violent morality). Father Gabriel ignored the cries of his flock (nonviolent immorality) and probably did so because he thought if he did he would die (rather than have faith that god would help in some way.)

• Fluids
    Community Member
    301 Posts

Great choice Tiarnan! I didn't think of that.

• Fluids
    Community Member
    301 Posts

Great point Ben! What do you think of Carol now that she's had her own show?

• Tiarnan
    Community Member
    11 Posts

The first time I watched the episode I was so-so about it however when I watched it again I liked it a lot more. The best part of the episode for me was just seeing the city again and did you notice the shot at night when Daryl and Carol are driving in the car is the same place that Rick went past in season 1 (one of my favourite images from the show).

I initially felt the flashbacks aside from the beginning one were pointless as we had already seen it before but watching it again I understand they were building the episode around the symbolism of fire, with Carol around the fire in the past and Daryl lighting the fires in the present. This was summed up well in the conversation Carol had talking about Ed and Sophia where she basically says that part of her has been burned away.

The only part of the episode I didn't like was everything to do with the van. It was bad enough that they both decide to go in the van putting more weight on it to potentially fall over, they then wait until the last second to get out giving them no chance of beating the walkers before jumping back inside. Daryl redeems himself however by becoming the best driver in history. The directing of the van falling scene was ridiculous, half-way down it's falling on its roof and then the camera pans away and suddenly it lands on all 4 wheels.

Overall good episode but from the promo it looks like everyone is back next week and it will be good to hopefully get some action because although the last 3 episodes haven't been bad I don't think anyone can argue that it has killed he momentum the first three of the season created.

Go to Top

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: