Crumbs: Forums » General Discussion » Better Call Saul
Critical reviews of U.S. TV shows
and analysis of what makes them
good, bad, irritating and enlightening.

Login | Forgot password | Register

X

What is OpenID?

OpenID is an Internet-wide identity system that allows you to sign in to many websites with a single account.

With OpenID, your ID becomes a URL (e.g. http://username.myopenid.com/). You can get a free OpenID for example from myopenid.com.

For more information visit the official OpenID site.

129 Posts in 25 Topics by 25 members

Jump to:

General Discussion

Forums » General Discussion » Better Call Saul

Moderators: TheTVCritic

Page: 1 Go to End
Author Topic: Better Call Saul 1397 Views
  • Ben
    Community Member
    54 Posts

Better Call Saul Link to this post

Since we all loved Breaking Bad, surely someone else has seen Better Call Saul.

I LOVED it, a great first season, I felt every episode was great, with no duds, and a story that was both contained and can work to expand further for future seasons.

Easily my favorite show this television season.

• TheTVCritic
    Forum Moderator
    170 Posts

Re: Better Call Saul Link to this post

I enjoyed it. That creative team is at the height of its powers. However as good as Mike is and as interesting as Jimmy can be...I would prefer if they had just created a new show. I know commercially they wouldn't have done that. But I don't feel deeply invested in the characters because I do feel their futures are limited by the prequelness. I'd love to see brand new characters for whom the possibilities would be endless.

• Fluids
    Community Member
    303 Posts

Re: Better Call Saul Link to this post

Hi Ben!

I almost did write ups on it.

I love the show as well. I was too wrapped up with the Walking Dead and Helix to also take it on.
    It finished I believe a week after the Walking Dead.

Everything is solid. I love the writing; the issues; the character development has some dynamics, however it has limits.

The most Breaking Bad like episodes I thought were the ones with the Twins.

As Robin says, we know him and where his story (and Mike's) go and eventually he becomes Saul.

I loved Mike's back story with his son and his daughter in law.

I loved Jimmy's con story for the season ender with his buddy Marco. It reinforced his brother Chuck's opinions of who he really was and how he liked to cut corners. It was also a great way to say good bye to that version of Jimmy. When Marco died I think they meant to imply so did the old Jimmy.

I am interested to see where it goes and what will the final catalyst be to transform him into Saul.

I am sure that will happen a while before the show ends. There's no doubt that we will met Gus Fring. That should be really cool.

However, I hope they continue to take it away from Breaking Bad before bringing it towards Breaking Bad.

The further they take it away the more curious I will be as to how they are going to bring it back to just before Breaking Bad.

Go to Top

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: