Crumbs: Forums » General Discussion » Quick question?
Critical reviews of U.S. TV shows
and analysis of what makes them
good, bad, irritating and enlightening.

Login | Forgot password | Register

X

What is OpenID?

OpenID is an Internet-wide identity system that allows you to sign in to many websites with a single account.

With OpenID, your ID becomes a URL (e.g. http://username.myopenid.com/). You can get a free OpenID for example from myopenid.com.

For more information visit the official OpenID site.

137 Posts in 28 Topics by 26 members

Jump to:

General Discussion

Forums » General Discussion » Quick question?

Moderators: TheTVCritic

Page: 1 , 2 Go to End
Author Topic: Quick question? 8441 Views
  • Ben
    Community Member
    65 Posts

Re: Quick question? Link to this post

I would only recommend it if you were heading into with some prior knowledge of the characters and liked some parts of the 1st 2 seasons. Having watched the earlier seasons of Torchwood, Children of Earth was certainly a different direction to go in, but I also had been told some of the major plot points prior to watching which ruined some of the thrill.

Also I was still a little underwhelmed by C. of E., it didn't have the initial hook of M.D. and I just didn't care for some of the characters.

I don't think Torchwood even at its best is particularly memorable.

Community Member
    7 Posts

I've never seen anything but Miracle Day, that was my first Torchwood series. I thought it was pretty fun.

• William
    Community Member
    1 Post

Robin you should definitely checkout newer Doctor Who whenever you get a chance. Also check out Luther. Both are available on Netflix.

• TheTVCritic
    Forum Moderator
    172 Posts

I appreciate the recommendation but I don't think it will happen anytime soon

• Tim
    Community Member
    4 Posts

I think modern Doctor Who can be a hugely entertaining show when it's at its best. And (at the price of producing only a few episodes a year) the production values can be quite reasonable and the cinematography is fine, even if the special effects are often cheesy.

However, plot and logic are beyond insane. I'd love to hear Robin's opinion on a show where in one episode the universe gets first destroyed, then rebooted, and a season later every time period ever is happening at once - and none of the characters are particularly impressed or affected by that. One is mildly confused. But you would be too, if you had already died a couple of times yourself, for example by literally being erased from existence.

I've changed my mind - Robin, you need to watch this. There's a robot centurion. You're a fan of roman history, right?

Alright. Not gonna happen. But is there any chance of you writing an "Adventure Time" review for April 1?

• TheTVCritic
    Forum Moderator
    172 Posts

It's good to hear all of that as it makes me feel more assured in not writing about it

But I hadn't thought about writing fake reviews on April 1st. That gives me an idea...

Go to Top

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: