Crumbs: Forums » General Discussion » Fall 2012
Critical reviews of U.S. TV shows
and analysis of what makes them
good, bad, irritating and enlightening.

Login | Forgot password | Register

X

What is OpenID?

OpenID is an Internet-wide identity system that allows you to sign in to many websites with a single account.

With OpenID, your ID becomes a URL (e.g. http://username.myopenid.com/). You can get a free OpenID for example from myopenid.com.

For more information visit the official OpenID site.

137 Posts in 28 Topics by 26 members

Jump to:

General Discussion

Forums » General Discussion » Fall 2012

Moderators: TheTVCritic

Page: 1 Go to End
Author Topic: Fall 2012 3946 Views
  • Yogabon
    Community Member
    37 Posts

Fall 2012 Link to this post

Hi Robin,
    Any interest in the up-coming Network shows?
    eg. "Go On", "Revolution" etc...
    Bonita

• TheTVCritic
    Forum Moderator
    172 Posts

Re: Fall 2012 Link to this post

That's a very good question. I will review all the pilots as they appear in the Blogs section. I have seen both "Go On" and "Animal Practice" but didn't think much of either. I will write a proper review but both just seemed ok.

As for the dramas, I have almost zero expectations at this point. Since Lost we have had Heroes, Flashforward, Alcatraz, Terra Nova, Alphas, Falling Skies etc. None of them have had good stories or characters. Some have briefly had one or the other but never came close to putting them together in one package.

I don't think the broadcast networks yet understand how to make a non-procedural drama. In a way Lost was bad for them because it has set a template that they keep trying to repeat. Lost worked so well because it was a procedural show during its first season. It was just a very clever one.

So what do we make of 666 Park Avenue (ABC),
    Last Resort (ABC) and Revolution (NBC) which all have the Lost vibe. 666 Park Avenue is about people doing deals with the devil. Revolution is a world with no electricity. Last Resort is about a submarine crew who lands on an island and starts a new country. Each one sounds really fun on paper but until I see them I remain unremittingly cynical.

The only other show which I will keep a flicker of hope for is Vegas (CBS). It's another 1960s show about gangsters and police in Las Vegas with Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis and Carrie-Anne Moss. We'll see...

Go to Top

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: